2010年11月2日星期二

Are you vote today!

        Today is the voting day! This is the first time I am so close to voting, even though I do not have the right to vote. I went into the voting house with my friends just pass by, but to my surprise, the officers there are very welcome us to come. After giving the "observer" card, we could sit at the observer's seat and watched how the whole voting going. It was very interesting that we were not the only visitors, while I found 6 persons sit behand the register desk and watched carefully. One officer told us that they come from the two parties which involved in the voting. Observers can not say anything with the voters in the voting house. Voters should register first and then fill in a form about some imformation. At last they could take the form to the private desks to finish and put it in the reading machine at the exit.
        I felt so excited about what I saw today!! I knew that this voting is to choose the Government and Congress of Wisconsin State. Every US citizen who reached 18 years old and live or study in Wisconsin State have right to vote. My roommate Sarah is a freshmen this year. She had expected the voting for long time,and she said it is very important for a American aldut to vote. While in China, even though we have voting, but I never see anybody who I kown go to vote. Our voting seems a very mysterious thing that only little people know how it is going.  I really hope one day every adult can vote in China in such a public way.
         One thing I felt so funny that every voter left voting house would be given a little tag which write"Are you vote today?"

没有评论:

发表评论