2010年11月15日星期一

Two Kinds of Families

          When talking about family, Chinese families had been divided two kinds. First is modern family, the other is traditional family. Most modern family existed in cities, and they are similar to US families. Young couples do not live with their parents and have higher divorce rate. Because young generations do not live together with their grandparents and other relatives, their relationships may not so close to each other.

         However, the traditional kind is really different. I lived in a traditional family for 20 years. In my family, my grandparents, parents, my uncle’s family, my brother and me we lived together. Divorce is seen as a shame in most traditional families, so this kind of family is more stable. My childhood was spent with all my cousins. The relationships between whole family members are so strong. Many friends envied me have a big family, but sometimes I felt uncomfortable for the conflicts. Different generations have different thoughts. Sometimes young generations have more conflicts with the oldest generations. And the relationship between mothers and grandmothers are a big problem in traditional families. Although there are many problems, I still love to live in a traditional family. Just as grandma in the Latehomecomer, I think the whole family should get together. Family is the most important part of our life. In a big family I can feel more warmness and never lonely. Learn to deal with different relationships’ conflicts also good for our ability for future.

        There are another big difference between Chinese family and US family----the number of children. In China, every couple should only have one child. Giving birth to more children will be fined. The reason about this policy is our large population. Most of US families inhave more children. In my opinion, I like to have borthers and sisters. And I have a younger borther, my family were fined for a big deal money when my borther was born.

5 条评论:

  1. I like to have a brother or sister, but I also don't like to break the law.

    回复删除
  2. I still think only have one child is not good for family. I am so happy I have a borther, even though we were fined.

    回复删除
  3. It is so impressed that you love your brother even though you were fined.

    回复删除
  4. I always wanted to know how much a family is fined, for example i read that with each addition to the family, the fine is severe and gets high each time.

    回复删除
  5. Could you say that your cousins were like siblings to you growing up? Did you all live in one big house?

    回复删除